It is not surprising to hear that large commercial buildings often use as much as 20% more energy than necessary, ambulance keeping lighting and office equipment on 24 hours a day and continually running either heating or cooling Systems without a proper maintenance program in place.
Two thirds (66%) of all energy consumed in a typical office building is electricity. 90% of the cost is due to lighting, treat office equipment and HVAC Systems.
The good thing is that electricity is a controllable cost.
This can be achieved through implementation of energy efficiency measures such as:
- Adjusting thermostat night/non-occupancy setbacks
- Light occupancy sensors
- Daylight harvesting
- Demand Control Ventilation
- Chiller Optimization
- Cooling Tower Optimization
- Energy Management – Central monitoring and control
Renteknik can help office building owners become energy leaders in the community, gain a positive corporate image in the market place and improve their bottom line.
- Energy efficient buildings have greater market value
- Increased employee productivity (1- 2%) can provide increased funds for implementation of additional energy efficiency opportunities
- Performance based Service and Maintenance program instead of the conventional passage of time approach will prevent unnecessary expenditures and cost savings
- Real time monitoring provides benefits of advanced notification of noted wear and pending failure of components to allow pre-emptive action in a planned and cost effective manner
- Extended life of electricity consuming Equipment
- Implementation of Energy savings measures without sacrificing occupant comfort
- Opportunity to involve staff in energy management plan to increase success rate, increases job satisfaction and employee retention