Boilers & Heating Plants
Each project is unique. It is important to understand how the overall System is truly designed and intended to operate. To achieve an efficient System the “core” of the System, the boiler, must first be evaluated to ensure that it is operating at optimum capacity.
- Staging and Control: For example, ensure proper staging if System operates with 2 smaller boilers firing in parallel in place of a single larger boiler or test standby efficiency if the System has a standby boiler to prevent total System failure.
- Flow metering: Ensure reliable metering to meet design specifications
- Thermal expansion mechanisms set up
- Equipment operational sequencing
- Equipment performance: Such as testing Btu output at design pressure, efficiency, and emission levels, ability to respond to expected load-demand changes consistent with the design and Equipment shutdown safety checks