Demand Control Ventilation
Optimizing energy efficiency requires taking many factors into consideration and balancing them out to make sure there is a benefit all round. With Demand Control Ventilation indoor air quality and occupant comfort level must be maintained while controlling the amount of ventilation to suit occupancy levels. The end result is a healthy indoor environment and a cost winning solution.
Renteknik will carry out Advanced Control Ventilation Evaluations in accordance with ASHRAE standards assessing:
- Rates designed according to use & occupancy
- Total ventilation rate is combination of occupant + building requirements
- Occupant ventilation rates based on rate per occupant x # of occupants
- Building rates based on floor area
Each project is unique. It is important to understand how the overall System is truly designed and intended to operate. To achieve an efficient System the “core” of the System, the boiler, must first be evaluated to ensure that it is operating at optimum capacity.
- Staging and Control: For example, ensure proper staging if System operates with 2 smaller boilers firing in parallel in place of a single larger boiler or test standby efficiency if the System has a standby boiler to prevent total System failure.
- Flow metering: Ensure reliable metering to meet design specifications
- Thermal expansion mechanisms set up
- Equipment operational sequencing
- Equipment performance: Such as testing Btu output at design pressure, efficiency, and emission levels, ability to respond to expected load-demand changes consistent with the design and Equipment shutdown safety checks
The main focus of an Analysis on Roof Top & Air Make-Up Units is to provide an objective review of the current Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) and provide the Client with a clear and concise Report on the overall condition, total electricity consumption from all the Units and operational performance of each Unit.
Detailed Analysis includes:
- Logging of energy performance data with RTU Economizers connected and disconnected
- CO2 testing and Analysis with Economizer disconnected
- Remote monitoring of electricity consumption for all AMUs and Exhaust Fans using an Energy Efficiency Manager and a Power Analyzer
- Evaluate Control System and feedback mechanism as it relates to Unit sequencing
- Air testing on the Units to evaluate Air Volumes being supplied to and exhausted from the building
Renteknik’s Energy Optimization Solution monitors real-time performance of the Refrigeration System and its components. This means that wear and pending failure can often be determined in advance, allowing for pre-emptive action to effect repairs in a planned and cost effective manner.
- Greatly reduces the risk of downtime and loss of functionality associated with an unexpected failure of the Refrigeration System
- Provides the opportunity for the implementation of a performance based Service and Maintenance program.
The objective of performing an analysis of a Chilled Water System(s) is to improve the Chiller’s energy performance through optimization.
Renteknik’s Energy Performance Analyzing Solution will identify possible upgrades or adjustments that can be implemented to increase System efficiency and will also help identify defective or inefficient System components that require possible immediate or future capital replacement.
Renteknik’s Energy Optimization Services are provided in four (4) Phases detailed below:
Scoping Study Phase
- Provide a snapshot of your Chilled Water System and its performance
- Provide analysis and energy-efficiency recommendations based on data collected from the Energy Performance Analyzer and Data Acquisition System
- All recommended measures with an estimated payback period of less than 2 years are implemented by the Client or Client appointed Contractor.
- Renteknik will monitor and analyze the results and provide a Report detailing Measurement and Verification of energy and cost savings based on base case and efficiency measure comparisons.
- Training and documentation provided to the Chilled Water System operators
- Analysis of yearly energy consumption with implementations will be provided